Sunday, May 30, 2010

In love already

It took me only a few seconds to be infatuated with the city. And less than a day to fall simply in love.

My first week in NYC has been absolutely exhilarating!! It's a completely different culture than Missouri. Completely. So where to start... I guess I'll go through the few things I've knocked off the list.. although I must warn, SO much more is going to happen than just my few 55ish things I want to accomplish... in NYC, the list of experiences is endless.

43) Try a new Tasti D-Lite flavor every week.

Dutch Chocolate was my first flavor tackled. And it was delicious! These frozen yogurt shops are everywhere, so tasting a new flavor every week shouldn't be too difficult.


31) Make friends with a stranger on the Subway.

Okay... well it wasn't exactly the subway... but I met a woman who works for Parents Magazine on the commute bus from New Jersey to Port Authority (the HUGE bus station on 42nd Street & 8th Ave). We talked the entire bus ride there and she gave me some AWESOME advice for making it in the magazine industry. I couldn't be more thankful to meet such a helpful person. She's been in the industry 4 years now.. let's hope in 5 years I'm as well off as she. Thanks Tara!


19) Have a girls' night out to see the midnight showing of Sex and the City 2.

AH-MAZE-ING!!! We went to the Regal Theater in Times Square to watch the first showing of the film. Let's just say whenever the opening song "Empire State of Mind" sang through the speakers, everyone got goosebumps. It was so exciting to see places like Columbus Circle and actually recognize them as places I had been earlier that day!


22) Eat New York style pizza.

It is SOOOOO good! You have to try the "White Pizza." No sauce, just chunks of ricotta cheese on it. There's an awesome little pizza and bread shop just a block away from the office. $5 for a slice and a drink... and trust me, that's super cheap in the city.

Or if you want some super legit pizza... John's Pizzeria is the way to go. But bring your wallet because "No Slices" is their slogan.


37) Start an M-I-Z chant at another school campus.

Done and done... and chanted with Mizzou basketball players like Zaire Taylor and Kim English. Can't get any more school spirited than that!


Once again... I'm getting whisked off away because .. well .. we are always on the go here! I'll try and update more later tomorrow.

NYC LOVE,
Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment